Why should I give?
Did you know that tuition and fees covers 80% of the Universities operating expenses? The remaining 20% must be obtained through private sources, grants and contracts. Over 90% of our students receive financial aid and the majority of them are first in their families to attend college. Your gift to the annual fund, earmarked for STVU helps to bridge the gap and touches every aspect of campus life. Your continued support is critical.
You can leave a legacy with a gift that maximizes tax and other financial benefits. Planned Giving is a way to invest in the Samuel DeWitt Proctor School of Theology while at the same time receiving income from your investment and/or bequeath cash/property, etc., through vehicles such as Wills, insurance policies, stocks and annuities
You can also leave your legacy in the form of an endowment. Endowed funds are the "savings account" to provide funding for such purposes as improving the University's ability to support innovative academic programs, attracting and retaining outstanding faculty, scholarships for students and enhancing our facilities. New endowments can be named for the donor, in memory or honor of a loved one and, a business or an organization. A minimum of $25,000 is required to establish an endowment fund account.
If you work for a company that matches donations, your gift to STVU can be doubled or tripled. Employees of many parent companies, subsidiaries are also eligible. Retired employees and non-alumni spouses often qualify as well. SImply obtain a matching gift form from your personnel office and follow the instructions for initiating the match and send the completed form with your gift.
You can also make a contribution by visiting the website Give to VUU and under Designation please select "SDP School of Theology Fund" if you wish to have your gift directed specifically to The Samuel DeWitt Proctor School of Theology.
Pledges are customarily made payable over a period of time for five figure gifts or higher. A pledge form is used to express the chosen payment schedule. Payment on pledges may be tax-deductible in the year they were made.